Thursday, June 6, 2019

no vermouth in duluth

1 1/2 oz Fino Sherry (Lustau)
3/4 oz Oloroso Sherry (Lustau)
1/2 oz Lime Juice
1/2 oz Pineapple Syrup
1 dash Regan's Orange Bitters
1 dash Peychaud's Bitters

Shake with ice, strain into a Highball glass, fill with crushed ice, and garnish with a mint sprig.
Two Thursdays ago, I returned to Imbibe Magazine to make a year old recipe called No Vermouth in Duluth. I had skipped over Sam Mattenson's recipe that he crafted at Porchlight in Manhattan since I had lacked Fino sherry in my collection until a few months ago, and now it was time to make this Sherry Cobbler riff (even if I would describe it more as a Sherry Fix given the pineapple syrup). Once assembled, the No Vermouth in Duluth's nose was dominated by the freshly picked mint sprig. Next, lime and grape on the sip slid into nutty, savory, and pineapple flavors on the swallow.

No comments: