Thursday, December 19, 2019

canadian glory

3/4 Canadian Club Whisky (1 1/2 oz Alberta Premium)
1 tsp Cusenier Sec Curaçao (1/2 oz Pierre Ferrand Dry)
1 tsp Bols Apricot Brandy (1/2 oz Combier)
1 tsp Lemon Juice (1/2 oz)

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail glass; I added an orange twist.

Two Thursdays ago was 86th anniversary of the repeal of Prohibition, and I felt inclined to honor that event with something from that decade. Therefore, I selected the 1937 Café Royal Cocktail Book and stopped on the Canadian Glory that called for Canadian whisky which seemed appropriate to represent Prohibition itself. The recipe crafted by Max Müller reminded me of a whiskey and lemon version of the rum and lime Periodista (or vodka and lime Aqueduct), so I knew that it would be solid.
In the glass, the Canadian Glory launched into an orange oil and apricot nose. Next, lemon and orchard fruit on the sip led into whiskey and orange flavors on the swallow with an apricot finish.

No comments: