Wednesday, March 18, 2020

[lomasney's own]

2 oz Angel's Envy Bourbon
3/4 oz Lemon Juice
1/4 oz Quinta Infatada Ruby Port
1/4 oz Grenadine
1/4 oz Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao
1 Egg White

Shake once without ice and once with, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with a spritz of Angostura Bitters and an orange twist.

Two Wednesdays ago, I ventured down to Backbar where I found a seat in front of bartender Kat Lamp. Given that I now work for Angel's Envy, I began to scheme with her on what drinks she could create. Kat was in the mood for an egg white Sour to try out the bitters mister I donated to the bar, and I wondered if the Ward 8 might make a good skeleton to tinker with. I proposed splitting the grenadine with ruby port to bolster the port finish on the Bourbon, and Kat suggested subbing dry curaçao in place of the original's orange juice. The combination then reminded me of the rye-port egg white Sour called the Elk's Own, so I dubbed this one the Lomasney's Own after the Ward 8 politician Martin Lomasney.
The Lomasney's Own proffered an orange, allspice, and clove bouquet to the nose. Next, a creamy lemon, port wine, and berry sip voted in a Bourbon, orange, and pomegranate swallow.

No comments: