Saturday, April 4, 2020

elwood

1 1/2 oz Old Grand-Dad Bonded Bourbon
1/2 oz Lustau Cream Sherry (Lustau East India Solera Sherry)
1/2 oz Lustau Fino Sherry
1/2 oz Punt e Mes
1/4 oz Zucca Rabarbaro (Sfumato)
2 dash Angostura Bitters

Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with orange oil from a twist (garnish with the twist too).
Two Saturdays ago, I reached for my 2013 The Cocktail Hour booklet collection and found the Elwood in the whiskey volume. I most likely skipped over the recipe before since I only added Fino sherry to my collection in the last year, and the drink was crafted by Adam Robinson at the Rum Club in Portland, Oregon. This Manhattan riff named after one of the Blues Brothers began with an orange oil over grape and herbal aroma. Next, a grape sip gave way to a Bourbon and smoky bitter herbal swallow with an orange, clove, and allspice finish.

No comments: