Wednesday, April 22, 2020

fallen angel

30 mL Blanco Tequila (1 1/2 oz Lunazul)
25 mL Lemon Juice (3/4 oz)
15 mL Apricot Liqueur (1/2 oz Rothman & Winter)
5 mL Strega (1/4 oz)
1 bsp Agave Syrup (omit)

Shake with ice, strain into a cocktail glass, and garnish with an orange twist (lemon twist).

Two Wednesdays ago, I decided to make a recipe recommended to me by Jason Clampham after I enjoyed his Drones Club. The Fallen Angel was not his drink but one created at a bar in town, namely Raoul's in Oxford, by bartender Etienne Kechichian. I was drawn to this Tequila Daisy for it paired apricot and Strega liqueurs that worked well together in the White Birch Fizz and the Low Hanging Fruit, so I decided to give this recipe a go.
The Fallen Angel began with a lemon and agave aroma. Next, lemon and orchard fruit on the sip descended into tequila, apricot, licorice, and herbal flavors on the swallow.

No comments: