Wednesday, July 22, 2020

mango daiquiri

1 oz Light Puerto Rican Rum (2 oz Flor de Caña Añejo Oro)
1 dash Maraschino Liqueur (1/4 oz Maraska)
Juice 1 Lime (3/4 oz)
1 piece Mango (3/4 oz Mango Syrup)
1 dash Rock Candy Syrup (omit)

Blend with 1 scoop of shaved ice and pour into a large Tiki champagne glass (double old fashioned); I garnished with honeysuckles.
Two Wednesdays ago, I was flipping through Trader Vic's 1974 Rum Cookery & Drinkery book when I spotted one of his originals that could utilize the mango syrup I made recently. That recipe was the blender drink, the Mango Daiquiri, and it accented the fruit notes with a touch of Maraschino akin to how Vic used it in his Pisco Punch, Demerara Dry Float, and Kona Gold. Moreover, the blended aspect also reminded me of his Maraschino-containing Beachcomber that I made a month or so before. Once prepared, the Mango Daiquiri welcomed the senses with a lime, mango, and nutty bouquet. Next, mango and lime mingled on the sip, and the swallow proffered rum flavors with added depth from the Maraschino liqueur.

No comments: