Thursday, July 30, 2020

sirius swizzle

1 1/2 oz Linie Aquavit (Aalborg)
3/4 oz Grapefruit Juice
1/2 oz Ruby Port (Taylor Fladgate)
1/2 oz Cardamaro
1 tsp Maple Syrup

Build in a Collins glass, fill with crushed ice, and swizzle to mix and chill. Garnish with a Crusta-style grapefruit twist.
Two Thursdays ago, I was checking up on the history of the Prizefighter series by Nicholas Jarrett that he posted on BarNotes. There, I spotted his Sirius Swizzle that seemed like a refreshing yet complex libation that I probably skipped previously when I lacked Cardamaro at home. I was intrigued by the grapefruit-maple combination that worked rather well in the Volcano Bowl and that I experienced recently in the Gill-Man Grog; those flavors were rounded out by aquavit, Cardamaro, and ruby port in this Flatiron Lounge circa 2011 creation. In the glass, the Sirius Swizzle met the nose with a grapefruit and caraway bouquet. Next, the grapefruit mingled with the port's and Cardamaro's fruity grape notes on the sip, and the swallow proffered caraway, grape-herbal, and maple flavors.

No comments: