Wednesday, April 13, 2022

ole bull

1 1/2 oz Linie Aquavit
1/2 oz Goslings Black Seal Rum
3/4 oz Lemon Juice
1/4 oz Cinnamon Syrup
1/4 oz White Crème de Cacao (Bols)
1/4 oz Maple Syrup
1 Egg White

Shake once without ice and once with ice, and strain into a cocktail coupe.
After my bar shift two Wednesdays ago, I reached for Death & Co.'s Welcome Home book for the evening's nightcap. I was drawn to Tyson Buhler's Ole Bull that he crafted in 2018 for it would make good use of my new purchase of Linie Aquavit that I have been excited about. In the glass, the Ole Bull charged at the nose with a caraway, lemon, and maple aroma. Next, lemon and caramel notes on the sip were joined by maple's richness, and the swallow grazed away with dark rum, caraway spice, and cinnamon flavors and a maple, chocolate, and caraway finish. Overall, I was impressed at how well the aquavit's caraway partnered beautifully with the maple in this drink.

No comments: