Friday, June 23, 2023

formal wednesdays

1 oz Henry McKenna Bonded Bourbon (Evan Williams Bonded)
1 1/2 oz Punt e Mes
3/4 oz Novo Fogo Aged Cachaça (Salinas Umburana)
1/8 oz Lemon Juice
1/8 oz Grenadine

Stir with ice, strain into a double old fashioned glass with a large ice cube, and garnish with a lemon twist.
Two Fridays ago, I returned to the online flashcard set from the Paper Plane in Atlanta, and I landed upon the Formal Wednesdays that sort of reminded me of the Little Giuseppe with the heavy Punt e Mes pour and a barspoon of lemon juice. The pairing of Bourbon and cachaça was one that I had only experienced in the Honor Amongst Thieves, so I was curious to try it here in this Maloney-style Manhattan (minus the apricot liqueur rinse). In the glass, the Formal Wednesdays greeted the senses with a lemon, grape, and floral wood bouquet. Next, grape and berry notes on the sip gave way to Bourbon, fruity, woody spice, herbal, and grape flavors on the swallow.

No comments: