Friday, February 23, 2024

roscoe diner

1 1/2 oz Laird's Bonded Apple Brandy
1/2 oz Honey Syrup (1:1)
1/2 oz Pedro Ximenex Sherry (El Maestro Sierra)
1/2 oz Apricot Liqueur (Rothman & Winter)
3 drop Saline (1:4)
1 Whole Egg

Shake one round without ice and one round with ice and strain into a Fizz glass.
Two Fridays ago, I was inspired by Pouring Ribbon's Little Gem Diner, and I decided to make the delicious combination more accessible since Unicum's plum liqueur is no longer imported into this country. Instead, my mind went to apricot liqueur instead of plum and apple brandy in place of rye; I did also try Scotch since apricot and whisky make a great pairing, but it was better with the fruit duo. I dubbed this one after another upstate New York Diner, but one that I had a personal connection to along Route 17 that we stopped into on the way to and from college. In the glass, the Roscoe Diner opened up with an apricot, floral, and date bouquet. Next, a creamy plum and honey sip drove off into apple, apricot, and dried fruit flavors on the swallow. Overall, it was a touch sweeter than I usually like things, but I was happy with the flavors and the rest of the balance.

No comments: