1 oz Sweet Gwendolin Gin (Tanqueray)
1 oz Cinzano Bianco Vermouth (Servito)
1/2 oz Aveze Gentian Liqueur (Suze)
1/2 oz Del Maguey Mezcal Vida (Convite)
1/4 oz Ancho Reyes Verde Chile Liqueur
Stir with ice, strain into an old fashioned glass with a large ice cube, and garnish with a ships leaf (omit). Ships leaf is an alternative name for shiso.

Another drink that I had picked out when I was sent a promotional bottle of Ancho Reyes Verde Chile Liqueur was the Among the Ferns from Point Seven in New York City that I uncovered through online recipe flashcards. This riff on a
White Negroni was mentioned in September 2023 in two web-based reviews of the new bar program. The closest drink that I have tasted was the split gin-mezcal
White Mezcal Negroni from Gracias Madre in Los Angeles that lacked the chili pepper aspect. The name though makes me think of the comedy talkshow
Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis, but web searches align more with a variety of nature or gardening podcasts and groups. Once mixed, the Among the Ferns gave forth a pine, spicy green pepper, and gentian herbal aroma. Next, white grape and green vegetal notes on the sip unfurled into gin, smoky vegetal, earthy bitter, and pepper spice flavors on the swallow.
1 comment:
One of these day I'ma get some Ancho Reyes. There's plenty of time. I'll get some once the zillion additives I do have no longer inspire me.... - David James
Post a Comment