1 1/2 Reposado Tequila (Cimarron)
1/2 oz Ancho Reyes Verde Chile Liqueur
1/3 oz Giffard Banana Liqueur (Tempus Fugit)
1/2 oz Lime Juice
1/4 oz Honey Syrup
2 drop Saline (1:4)
Shake with ice, strain into a Nick & Nora (coupe) glass, and garnish with 3 drop chili oil (cayenne powder).

Recently, a PR person reached out to see if I would include Espolon Tequila and Ancho Reyes in a seasonal roundup article, and I replied that while my blog does not do roundups, I would not mind a bottle of Ancho Reyes Verde Chile Liqueur to make drinks and later posts with especially given how much I enjoy the original marque. Two Tuesdays ago, I was able to retrieve my bottle from the local UPS location, and I looked to my list of recipes for one that call for that liqueur. The one that spoke out the most was the Hammock Panic at Bar Marilou in New Orleans from their Spring 2021 menu. I had uncovered that spec through online recipe flashcards, and the bar put up a photo of the drink on their
Facebook along with the list of ingredients in September 2021. The name reminded me of the
Banana Hammock but that took things more in a Mai Tai direction. Once assembled, the Hammock Panic shocked the senses with vegetal and chili pepper aromas. Next, lime and honey notes on the sip led into tequila, banana, vanilla, and green pepper flavors on the swallow.
No comments:
Post a Comment