Wednesday, September 7, 2016

movin' to the country

2 oz Campari
1 oz Punt e Mes
1/2 oz Crème de Peche
1/2 oz Lemon Juice
1 Egg White

Shake once without ice and once with, strain into a large coupe glass, and garnish with a grapefruit twist.
Two Wednesdays ago, I stopped into Trina's Starlite Lounge for dinner when bartenders Tainah Soares and Cory Buono were working. For a drink, I asked Tainah for the Movin' to the Country that she described as Tony Iamunno's creation. I was drawn to the drink for the combination of Campari and peach is a great one that I learned through Derek Brown's Bitter Peach and tinkered with in my Campeche. Once prepared, the Movin' to the Country's grapefruit twist brightened the orange and peach aroma. Next, a creamy grape sip led into a peach swallow with a soft, rounded bitterness and an orange finish.

1 comment:

Dagreb said...

Peaches come in a can / they were put there by a man / in a factory downtown!