Thursday, September 22, 2016

red dragon

2 oz Cinzano Sweet Vermouth
1/2 oz Chai Tea Syrup
1/2 oz Lime Juice
2 dash Peychaud's Bitters

Shake with ice and strain into a coupe glass containing 1 oz soda water. Garnish with a floated lemon twist.
In thinking about new low octane drink recipes at Loyal Nine, I was inspired by the Baldwin Bar's vermouth Collins, the Dame en Rouge. I also took into consideration my Safety Dance that was removed from the menu after our tea company discontinued the blossom oolong that was the driving syrup force. Using the all sweet vermouth base of the Dame en Rouge and swapping the tea and lemon of the Safety Dance for chai tea and lime, I was rather pleased with the results. I almost dubbed this one the Red Five as a Star Wars allusion, but instead I ended up naming it the Red Dragon.

No comments: