Friday, October 9, 2020

host body

1 1/4 oz Smith & Cross Rum
1 oz Lustau East India Solera Sherry
1/2 oz Amaro Nardini
1/2 oz Campari

Stir with ice, strain into a rocks glass with a large ice cube, and garnish with both grapefruit and orange twists.

Two Fridays ago, I was in the mood for an Amaro Nardini recipe, so I searched the Kindred Cocktails database for an answer. There, I was lured in by the Host Body crafted by Rafa Garcia Febles in 2014; its Smith & Cross, Nardini, and Campari reminded me of the Six Inch Gold Blade, so I was definitely intrigued.
The Host Body met the nose with a grapefruit and orange oil over caramel and rum funk aroma. Next, the sherry's grape mingled with the rum and amaro's caramel notes on the sip, and the swallow stepped in with funky rum, smoky, bitter orange, and earthy flavors.

No comments: