Saturday, October 31, 2020

pink panther

2 oz Pisco (Macchu Pisco)
3/4 oz Lemon Juice
3/4 oz Orgeat
3 Raspberries
4 drop Rosewater
1 Egg White

Muddle the raspberries in the orgeat. Add the rest of the ingredients, shake once without ice and once with ice, and double strain into a cocktail glass.

Two Saturdays ago, I spotted the Pink Panther in Clair McLafferty's The Classic & Craft Cocktail Recipe Book and realized that I now had some frozen raspberries left over from making syrup. This drink was created by Yael Vengroff when she was in New York City, and it reminded me of a pisco Clover Club. The combination of orgeat and raspberry was one that I have had before in the obscure classic Jacksonville and the modern Rubus Swizzle, so I was game to give this one a go.
The Pink Panther sleuthed the nose with raspberry, rose, and other floral aromas. Next, a creamy lemon and red berry sip uncovered a pisco, earthy-nutty, and raspberry swallow.

No comments: