Wednesday, December 15, 2021

arthur avenue

1 1/4 oz Old Overholt Rye
1 1/4 oz Aperol
3/4 oz Punt e Mes
3/4 oz Grapefruit Juice
1 dash Angostura Bitters

Shake with ice, strain into a cocktail glass, and garnish with grapefruit oil from a twist.
Later Wednesday night, I was in the mood for a nightcap. Earlier in the day, I had spotted a whiskey drink called the Arthur Avenue, and I recalled how one of my co-workers at Russell House had crafted a different Arthur Avenue in 2013 and that it made it into my second book, Boston Cocktails: Drunk & Told, but not into the blog. Therefore, I remedied that by making bartender Jay Miranda's tribute to Bronx's Little Italy at home like I had in Harvard Square for that menu season years ago. In the glass, the Arthur Avenue delivered a grapefruit and orange aroma. Next, grape and grapefruit notes on the sip preceded rye and bitter tangerine flavors on the swallow.

No comments: