Monday, December 6, 2021

dejeuner

1 1/2 oz Plymouth Gin (Bombay Dry)
1/2 oz St. Germain (St. Elder)
1/2 oz Aperol
1/2 oz Grapefruit Juice

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail glass; I added a grapefruit twist as a garnish.

Another request that came up at Drink on Saturday night was the Dejuener that was created there years ago; the name means either lunch or to eat lunch. The structure reminded me of Paul Clarke's Dunniette but with grapefruit here instead of lemon. Moreover, Josh Child's Shaddock is in the same ball park with the lemon juice of the Dunniette but equal parts and Genever instead of gin. Since I had never had a Dejeuner myself other than straw tasting the build two nights prior, I gave this one a go.
The Dejeuner donated a grapefruit and peach aroma to the nose. Next, grapefruit and orange notes on the sip flowed into gin, floral, and grapefruit flavors on the swallow.

No comments: