Saturday, December 18, 2021

luchador

1 oz Reposado Tequila (Cimarron)
1/2 oz Benedictine
1/2 oz Sweet Vermouth (Lacuesta Rojo)
1 dash Peychaud's Bitters

Stir with ice, strain into an old fashioned glass rinsed with coffee liqueur (Galliano Ristretto), and garnish with an orange twist (orange oil from a twist).
I returned home late from my bar shift at Drink two Saturdays ago, and I was in the mood for a cocktail. Therefore, I quickly turned to my list of recipes and page numbers that I had made while reading T. Cole Miller's Cocktail Dive Bar cover to cover, and I opted for one of its Sazerac-inspired numbers dubbed the Luchador with its coffee rinse instead of Herbsaint. In the glass, the Luchador provided an orange oil, coffee, and agave-vegetal aroma. Next, caramel and grape notes on the sip waved on tequila, herbal, and light anise flavors on the swallow.

No comments: