Tuesday, October 18, 2022

ada's shadow

1 1/2 oz Bourbon (Evan Williams Bonded)
1 1/2 oz Sweet Vermouth (Cocchi)
1 bsp Fernet Branca (1/8 oz)

Stir with ice, strain into a Nick & Nora glass, and garnish with a lemon twist.
Two Tuesdays ago, I discovered a copy of Amy Zavatto's The Big Book of Bourbon Cocktails in a neighborhood library box on my way to do inventory at work. I had met Amy when she was a judge at a spirits competition in Louisville that I was working the back of house for in early 2017, so I eagerly took the book. Therefore, that night, I selected the Ada's Shadow that she crafted as a Bourbon riff on Ada Coleman's Hanky Panky that she guided in a Toronto-Manhattan direction. Once prepared, the Ada's Shadow conjured up lemon and menthol aromas. Next, grape and a hint of caramel on the sip transitioned toward Bourbon, cherry, herbal, and minty flavors on the swallow.

No comments: