Tuesday, October 25, 2022

roaring 50s

2 oz Reposado Tequila (Cimarron)
1/2 oz Sweet Vermouth (Cocchi)
1/2 oz Cynar
1/4 oz Grenadine
1 dash Absinthe (12 drop St. George)

Stir with ice and strain into a rocks glass with a large ice cube.
Two Tuesdays, I ventured into a PDF file I was sent of J.M. Hirsch's Pour Me Another cocktail book and spotted the Roaring 50s. Its combination of Cynar and grenadine lured me in for I learned about the duo in the Giuseppe's Lady and utilized it in my Hope is a Waking Dream and Texas Cakewalk. The drink was crafted by Declan McGuirk at the American Bar in London, and I opted for the original version with sweet vermouth opposed to the Cocchi Americano variation presented by the author. Once assembled, the Roaring 50s showcased a red berry, vegetal, and anise aroma. Next, berry, caramel, and grape notes on the sip danced into vegetal, herbal, and anise flavors on the swallow.

No comments: