Saturday, October 8, 2022

absinthe painkiller

1 oz Kübler Absinthe
1 oz Plantation 5 Year Barbados Rum
1 oz Coco Lopez Coconut Cream
1 oz Pineapple Juice
1 oz Orange Juice

Shake with ice, strain into a single old fashioned glass, and garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.
I have a few regulars are big absinthe fans, and I am frequently looking up recipes to make or improvising drinks that have an ounce of the stuff. In the post about one of those drinks, the Yellow Parrot, I mentioned one of these on-the-fly riffs, the Absinthe Painkiller where I utilized the Painkiller template from Eastern Standard. I decided to make one for myself two Saturdays ago since I had made one for a guest earlier that evening. Here, the woody spice of the nutmeg joined the aromas of anise and pineapple. Next, a creamy orange and pineapple sip slid into coconut, caramel, and anise flavors on the swallow. Overall, definitely a great introduction to absinthe-heavy drinks given the rich, sweet, and fruity flavors to soften the absinthe's intensity.

No comments: