Saturday, December 30, 2023

potential fresh

1 1/4 oz Rye Whiskey (Rittenhouse)
3/4 oz Mezcal (Peloton de la Muerte)
3/4 oz Sweet Vermouth (Cocchi)
1/4 oz Benedictine
3 dash Angostura Bitters

Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with an orange twist.
Two Saturdays ago, I returned to the Raines Law Room online flashcard sets, and I decided to make the Potential Fresh that I held off mixing up before as I could not confirm it via Yelp or an article. However, it was in three different flashcard sets, and it was like a Preakness with mezcal added or a Sfozando with sweet instead of dry vermouth, so it sounded like something that I was desiring that night. Once prepared, the Potential Fresh opened up with orange, grape, and smoke aromas. Next, grape on the sip transformed into rye, smoky vegetal, herbal, clove, and allspice flavors on the swallow.

No comments: