Friday, December 8, 2023

sherry fine

1 oz London Dry Gin (Martin Miller Westbourne Strength)
3/4 oz Fino Sherry (Tio Pepe)
3/4 oz Dolin Blanc Vermouth
1/2 oz Yellow Chartreuse
3 dash Orange Bitters (Regan's)

Stir with ice, strain into a Nick & Nora glass, and garnish with lemon oil from a twist (include the twist).
Two Fridays ago, I decided to make the Sherry Fine that I found on an online set of flashcards from Porchlight for their Spring 2017 menu. I later tracked the drink down on the Sherry.Wine site where beverage director Nick Bennett had posted his recipe and specified that he preferred Ford's as the gin. Overall, the combination reminded me of a Puritan crossed with an Anchorage, so I was intrigued. Once prepared, the Sherry Fine offered up lemon oil, pine, herbal, and almond aromas to the nose. Next, a honey and white grape sip gave way to pine, almond, and herbal flavors on the swallow with a savory and orange finish.

No comments: