Saturday, December 23, 2023

reverend wise

1 3/4 oz Privateer Gin (made here with Beefeater)
1/2 oz Lime Juice
1/4 oz Kronan Swedish Punsch
1/4 oz Cinnamon Syrup
1/4 oz Honey Syrup
6 drop Absinthe (St. George)

Shake with ice, strain into a coupe glass, and garnish with a lime wheel.
Two Saturdays ago, I needed to look up my old Hot Buttered Rum recipe (not the edited version but the one with the piccalilli spices) in my Loyal Nine recipe development notebook. Afterwards, I began flipping through and spotted the Reverend Wise that I created at Loyal Nine in early 2017. I named this spiced Gimlet of sorts after a politically active reverend who protested British taxation during the Colonial era which matched the restaurant name's theme. Wise lived up north in Ipswich which was a great tie-in with the Privateer Gin distilled there that I used for this drink of the day. Above is the photo from nearly 7 years ago, and below, is a photo from my recent revisitation.
In the glass, the Reverend Wise preached a lime, cinnamon, pine, and anise aroma. Next, lime, honey, and caramel on the sip transitioned to gin, cinnamon, tea, and anise flavors on the swallow.

No comments: