Saturday, September 17, 2016

intercept

1 oz Four Roses Bourbon
1 oz Punt e Mes
1/2 oz Rothman & Winter Apricot Liqueur
1/2 oz Campari
1 dash Angostura Bitters

Stir with ice and strain into a rocks glass. Fill with ice and garnish with an orange twist.
For my drink of the day two Saturdays ago at Loyal Nine, I was inspired by revisiting the Rene Barbier with two different guests with good success the night before. In thinking about the combination of apricot and Campari, I considered subbing it into the Rene Barbier's structure. Instead of brandy, I opted for whiskey as the idea of crossing a Slope with a Boulevardier appealed to me. The end result was somewhere between the two, and I knew that I had done well when the first drinker at a table not only re-ordered it but came up later to chat with me about it.

No comments: