Wednesday, July 17, 2013

san juan sling

3/4 oz Light Rum (Turkey Shore White Cap)
3/4 oz Cherry Liqueur (Heering)
3/4 oz Benedictine
1/2 oz Lime Juice

Shake with ice and strain into a Highball glass filled with ice. Top with soda water, add a straw, and garnish with a lime twist.

After the Dot, I grabbed my copy of Playboy's Host & Bar Book and found the San Juan Sling. I was reminded of the recipe after reading DiscoInferno's Mixology Monday post for the recent "cherry" theme and then decided to hunt it out. The general recipe reminds me of a Raffles Hotel Sling recipe that I used to make with gin, and I figured that rum could do no wrong here.
The Sling's aroma was filled with lime oil from the twist and the sip offered lime juice and carbonation that balanced the richness of the Cherry Heering and perhaps the Benedictine. The swallow then offered the rum, cherry, and the Benedictine's herbal flavors.

No comments: