Friday, June 30, 2017

tiki bowl

3/4 oz Lime Juice
3/4 oz Honey Syrup
1 1/2 oz Orange Juice
1 oz Lemon Hart 151 Proof Rum
1 oz Gold Puerto Rican Rum (DonQ Gold)
1 1/4 oz Dark Jamaican Rum (Coruba)
1 dash Angostura Bitters
6 drop Pernod

Blend with 6 oz crushed ice for 5 seconds (shake with ice and strain), pour into a Tiki bowl, and fill with crushed ice.
Two Fridays ago, I returned from my bar shift in a Tiki mood. Therefore, I reached for Beachbum Berry's Sippin' Safari for a scratch to my itch. The Tiki Bowl from the Portland's Kon-Tiki Restaurant circa 1960 reminded me somewhat of the feel of the Volcano Bowl that I had made earlier in the night for a guest, so I was game. Once built, the Tiki Bowl gave forth mint and Demerara rum aromas. Next, the rums' caramel joined lime and orange notes on the sip, and the swallow presented funky and smoky rums along with honey and a finish offering clove and allspice from the bitters.

No comments: