Wednesday, June 7, 2017

the welty

2 oz Noilly Prat Dry Vermouth
1/2 oz Aperol
1/4 oz Orgeat
3/4 oz Lime Juice
1 Egg White

Shake once without ice and once with ice, and strain into a cocktail coupe.

Two Wednesdays ago, I made my way to Downtown Crossing and started my evening at Stoddard's. For a first drink, I asked bartender Tony Iamunno for The Welty that he described as being created by Trevor LeBlanc. When I inquired about the name, he mentioned that Boston artist Emma Welty was the inspiration. Overall, the combination reminded me of the Pantomime so I was definitely excited to give it a try.
The Welty proffered a lime and orange aroma that led into creamy orange sip that reminded me a little of the Good Humor. Next, the swallow shared herbal and nutty flavors with a lime finish.

No comments: