Friday, June 9, 2017

rucola negroni

1 oz London Dry Gin (Beefeater)
1 oz Aperol
1 oz Cynar

Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with an orange twist (grapefruit twist).

After my work shift two Fridays ago, my nightcap-desiring hand reached for Carey Jones' Brooklyn Bartender. My page turning then landed me on the Negroni variation section and I opted for the house Negroni at Rucola crafted by Cabell Tomlinson. The Rucola Negroni subbed in the less bitter Aperol for the Campari, and instead of sweet vermouth, the recipe took a Black Manhattan-type route using Cynar instead of Averna as occurred in the Paper Mill.
Once mixed, the Rucola Negroni gave forth grapefruit and orange aromas. Next, the sip was a caramel-orange from the amari playing well together, and the swallow shared gin, funky herbal, and bitter-sweet orange flavors.


No comments: