Sunday, February 25, 2018

chorus lady

1/3 Plymouth Gin (1 oz Beefeater)
1/3 French Vermouth (1 oz Noilly Prat Dry)
1/3 Italian Vermouth (1 oz Maurin Sweet)
2 dash Orange Flower Water (7 drop)
1 dash Picon Bitters (1/4 oz Torani Amer)

Stir with ice and strain into a cocktail glass.
After rounding out my work week on Sunday night, I came home and wanted to celebrate by way of drink. My thirst led me to Pioneers of Mixing at Elite Bars: 1903-1933 where the I spotted the Chorus Lady that made me think of the Florodora crafted around that same time frame for an infamous chorus girl. Instead of a raspberry-ginger delight, this was more of a Perfect Martini with orange notes. In the glass, the Chorus Lady gave forth a perfume-like aroma from the orange blossom water that was joined by darker notes from the sweet vermouth and Picon. Next, red grape with hints of caramel on the sip danced aside to gin, herbal, and bitter orange flavors on the swallow with a brighter floral-orange finish. Perhaps it was the perfume-like nature of the drink that led the drink creator to name this libation after a showgirl.

No comments: