Friday, February 23, 2018

pineapple fizz

2 oz Plantation 3 Star White Rum
1 oz Pineapple Juice
1/2 oz Lemon Juice
1/2 oz Demerara Syrup
1/2 Egg White (1 Egg White)
1 dash Angostura Bitters

Shake once without ice and once with ice, and strain into a Highball or Fizz glass with 1 1/2 oz soda water.
Two Fridays ago after my shift at work, I reached for the 2016 The Waldorf Astoria Bar Book by Frank Caiafa and found my list of recipes to try. The one that felt right for that moment was the Pineapple Fizz that reminded me of a few drinks including Charles H. Baker Jr.'s Gin Fizz Tropical, the early 20th century Cubanola, and my mocktail Pineapple Ramos. Once prepared, the Pineapple Fizz gave forth a pineapple bouquet to the nose that preceded the creamy and carbonated pineapple and lemon sip. Next, the swallow delivered rum, pineapple, clove, and cinnamon flavors to round out a quite delightful Silver Fizz.

1 comment:

SteveL said...

I had pineapple juice in stock here at the house for a change and I figured that Frderick would have a lead on how best to use it. This drink is nice, balanced (i.e. not too sweet), and layered enough to be interesting. Thanks for the suggestion.

Steve