Monday, May 30, 2022

the glass man

1 oz Cognac (Du Peyrat Selection)
1/2 oz Light Jamaican Rum (Appleton Selection)
1/2 oz Gold Barbados Rum (R.L. Seale 10 Year)
3/4 oz Lemon Juice
1/2 oz Passion Fruit Syrup
1/2 oz Orgeat
1/4 oz Velvet Falernum

Shake with ice, strain into a rocks glass (Tiki mug) with crushed ice, and garnish with a mint sprig.
After I got from the Daiquiri Dossiers, I was in the mood for some more rum; therefore, I found the screen capture on my phone of the Glass Man by Eli Sanchez at the Inferno Room in 2015. The recipe was published in the Minimalist Tiki book but in an edition later than the one that I have, and the structure reminded me of my Hariken that was a mashup of a Japanese Cocktail with a Hurricane. Here, the Glass Man donated a mint over almond and passion fruit aroma. Next, a creamy lemon sip with passion fruit's tartness broke into Cognac, rum, earthy, and passion fruit flavors on the swallow.

No comments: