Saturday, July 22, 2023

paradise garage

2 oz Scotch (Cutty Sark Prohibition)
1/2 oz Cynar
1/2 oz Apricot Liqueur (Rothman & Winter)
2 dash Angostura Bitters
Stir with ice and strain into an old fashioned glass.
While looking on Brick & Mortar's website, I discovered that their Toast Tab provides some of the drink recipes in the description. One that caught my eye was the Paradise Garage circa 2017 that was probably named after the NYC discotheque from 1977-87 that was a famous members-only LGTB dance club. I believe that this was the cocktail that I did not order at the bar one night, but it inspired my Library Card that added Bonal and removed the Angostura from the combination of Scotch, Cynar, and apricot liqueur. Moreover, the pairing of Cynar and apricot was one that I picked up at Brick & Mortar in 2015 when I had their One One Thousand as an equal parts combo with Bourbon and lemon juice. Once assembled, the Paradise Garage parked a smoke, malt, and orchard fruit aroma under the nose. Next, a caramel-driven sip exited into Scotch, herbal, and apricot flavors on the swallow with a clove and smoke finish.

No comments: