Saturday, July 15, 2023

amaro daiquiri

1 oz Amaro Braulio
1 oz Amaro Sfumato
3/4 oz Lime Juice
3/4 oz Simple Syrup

Shake with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with a lime wheel.
Two Saturdays, I wanted to make use of my new addition to the liquor shelves, Amaro Braulio. For a starting point to crack open my bottle, I opted for a recipe that I had previously spotted on Kindred Cocktails called the Amaro Daiquiri created by Stephanie Andrews at Billy Sunday in Chicago (now at Bill Sunday in Charlotte, North Carolina). Akin to the Love & Murder, Drink of Laughter & Forgetting, and Industry Sour, this was a two-part herbal liqueur base lime Sour with Braulio and Sfumato as the lead here. In the glass, the Amaro Daiquiri welcomed the senses with a lime, roast, and pine aroma. Next, lime and caramel notes on the sip led into roast and minty flavors on the swallow with a lime and smoky finish.

No comments: