Tuesday, July 25, 2023

the mouse's tale

3/4 oz Gin (Beefeater)
3/4 oz Oloroso Sherry (Lustau)
3/4 oz Green Chartreuse

Stir with ice and strain into a cocktail coupe pre-rinsed with Campari. The photo in the book shows a citrus twist in the shape of a mouse's tail, so I did an orange curl (but it could have been a lemon one).
Two Tuesdays ago, I wanted to make a recipe from The Through A Cocktail Glass book that Steven Canfield who I know as @boxesandbooze on Instagram sent me. In this Lewis Carroll tribute drink book, I was lured in by The Mouse's Tale as a drier, nuttier Tailspin riff. To the Bijou base, the author swapped out the sweet vermouth for Oloroso sherry and kept the Campari rinse found in the Tailspin in place. Once prepared, The Mouse's Tale proffered orange oil over Green Chartreuse's herbaceuous aromas. Next, a semi-dry grape sip curled up into gin, Chartreuse herbal, nutty, and bitter orange flavors on the swallow.

No comments: