Thursday, September 7, 2023

rear admiral

1 1/2 oz Smith & Cross Rum
3/4 oz Banana Liqueur (Tempus Fugit)
3/4 oz Lime Juice
1/4 oz Allspice Dram (Hamilton's)
1 dash Absinthe (12 drop Copper & Kings)

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail coupe.
Two Thursdays ago, I returned to the online set of flashcards that I found from the Zig Zag Café in Seattle, and I spotted the tropical Smith & Cross Daiquiri of sorts called the Rear Admiral. I was not able to find a reference for it on Yelp or other parts of the web, but the combination of crème de banane and allspice dram has worked well before such as in the Meauxbar Rye Cocktail, so I gave it a shot. Once prepared, the Rear Admiral donated a rum funk, pineapple, banana, and allspice aroma to the nose. Next, lime and caramel notes on the sip sailed into funky rum, caramelized banana, and allspice flavors on the swallow.

No comments: