Monday, September 4, 2023

protect ya neck

1 1/2 oz Aged Rhum Agricole (JM Gold)
3/4 oz Cognac (Du Peyrat Selection)
1/2 oz Peach Liqueur (Mathilde)
1/4 oz Falernum (Velvet)
1/4 oz Allspice Dram (Hamilton's)
1 oz Lemon Juice
1/4 oz Honey Syrup
1 Egg White

Shake one round without ice and one round with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe (old fashioned glass), and garnish with a lemon wheel (lemon twist).
Two Mondays ago, I spotted Chad Austin's Everyone Has a F*cking Cocktail Book in the drink book shelves, and I began to flip through the pages to find something to make. There, I landed on the Protect Ya Neck (Killa Bees on the Set) that reminded me a little of the Missionary's Downfall with the rum, honey and peach liqueur in the mix. The combination of rhum agricole and Cognac is one that has worked in Her Majesty's Pearl and A Rum with a Vieux and I utilized in the Prelude to a Broken Arm, so I was curious to give it the recipe a try. In the glass, it conjured up lemon, peach, and grassy aromas. Next, a creamy lemon and orchard fruit sip launched into grassy, lemon, peach, and allspice flavors on the swallow.

No comments: