Tuesday, September 19, 2023

caught in a cabaret

1 oz Blanco Tequila (Olmeca Altos)
1/2 oz Cynar
1/2 oz Sloe Gin (Plymouth)
1/2 oz Apricot Liqueur (Rothman & Winter)
1/2 oz Lime Juice

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail coupe.
Two Tuesdays ago, I spotted a reference to Ted Haigh's Millionaire variation that reminded me of a Charlie Chaplin with its apricot, sloe, and lime. That got me motivated to riff on that trio of ingredients, and I latched onto the sloe gin aspect and decided to mash the Charlie Chaplin up with Phil Ward's Lipspin that complements the sloe gin with tequila and Cynar. For a name, I dubbed this after one of Charlie Chaplin's films and called it Caught in a Cabaret. Once prepared the Caught in a Cabaret welcomed the senses with vegetal, lime, salinity, and orchard fruit aromas. Next, lime and red fruit on the sip danced into funky, vegetal, cherry, and apricot flavors on the swallow.

No comments: