Monday, March 18, 2024

ms. dalloway

1 1/2 oz Old Overholt Rye Whiskey (86°)
1/2 oz Aperol
1/2 oz Ginger Syrup
3/4 oz Lemon Juice

Shake with ice, strain into a double old fashioned glass with a large ice cube, and garnish with a lemon wheel (served up in a coupe).
Two Mondays ago, I returned to an online set of recipe flashcards for the John Dory Oyster Bar in New York City, and I landed on the Ms. Dalloway that seemed like an intriguing orange-ginger Whiskey Sour. While the cards did not list a serving style, I was able to derive it from a photo in a 2010 The Wallstreet Journal article (although I decided to serve it up in a coupe since I was not going to be lingering on it). Once prepared, the Ms. Dalloway greeted the senses with orange and ginger aromas. Next, lemon and orange notes on the sip sashayed into rye, orange-herbal, and ginger flavors on the swallow.

No comments: