Wednesday, March 6, 2024

hell or high water

1 1/2 oz Jameson Irish Whiskey
1/2 oz Dolin Dry Vermouth (Noilly Prat)
1/2 oz Lemon Juice
1/2 oz Egg White (1 whole Egg White)
1/4 oz Crème de Peche (Mathilde)
1/4 oz Benedictine
1/4 oz Honey Syrup

Shake one round without ice and one round with ice, strain into a coupe glass, and garnish with an orange twist (photo I later found on Yelp appears to be an express and discard twist).
Two Wednesdays ago, I returned to the online recipe flashcards for the Teardrop Lounge in Portland, Oregon, when I spotted the Hell or High Water from the Spring 2023 menu that would make good use of the bottle of Jameson that I was gifted for Christmas from my restaurant. While it was on a recent menu, it was a much older recipe that appeared in a Yelp photo from around 2016. Overall, it reminded me of a whiskey-based Clover Club with peach accents instead of raspberry, so I was curious to give it a go especially with the honey-Benedictine combination. Once prepared, the Hell or High Water welcomed the nose with orange, peach, and floral aromas. Next, a creamy lemon and orchard fruit sip rose to whiskey, peach, and herbal flavors on the swallow.

No comments: