Sunday, March 10, 2024

josé's redemption

1 1/2 oz Amaro Montenegro
1 oz Lemon Juice
1/2 oz Cynar
1/2 oz Simple Syrup

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail coupe.
Two Sundays ago, I selected the Session Cocktails book by Drew Lazor and the editors of Punch from my shelves. There, I was lured in by José's Redemption by Ezra Star at Drink in Boston for a regular who just had a big meal upstairs at Menton. The concept struck a chord with me since my usual bar station at Drink was closest to the back door where Menton captains would sneak down guests and often sit them at the bar seats in front of me. This two amaro Sour began with clementine and herbal aromas. Next, lemon, orange, and caramel notes on the sip flipped to tangerine, herbal, and cinnamon flavors on the swallow.

No comments: