Thursday, July 25, 2024

famous on paper

1 oz Mezcal (Peloton de la Muerte)
3/4 oz Yellow Chartreuse
1/2 oz Amaro Nonino
3/4 oz Lemon Juice

Shake with ice, strain into a coupe, and garnish with an orange flag (orange twist).
Two Thursdays ago, I finally got around to replacing my empty bottle of Amaro Nonino, and I decided to make a recipe that I had collected to encourage me to eventually go shopping. That drink was the Famous on Paper by Lisa Lauck from Chicago's The Violet Hour's Fall 2022 menu via online recipe flashcards that was also described in TastingTable in December 2022. Given the name and the ingredients, I figured that a mashup of a Naked and Famous with a Paper Plane would be a treat. Moreover, Yellow Chartreuse and Amaro Nonino worked rather well together in Backbar's Peat's Kiss. In the glass, the Famous on Paper took off with an orange, smoke, and vegetal aroma. Next, lemon, caramel, and honey on the sip cruised into smoky, vegetal, and herbal flavors on the swallow with a lemon finish.

No comments: