Sunday, September 29, 2024

exit strategy

1 1/2 oz Amaro Nonino
3/4 oz Germain-Robin Brandy (Monnet VSOP Cognac)
1/4 oz Amaro Meletti
6 drop Saline Solution (20%)

Stir with ice, strain into an old fashioned glass with a large cube, and garnish with an orange twist.
Two Sundays prior, I picked up Death & Co.'s Cocktail Codex book and looked to the index for amaro drinks that I might have missed. There, in the Old Fashioned variation section was Natasha David's 2014 Exit Strategy that I might have passed over for it was on page 11 way before the major recipe section or perhaps I skipped it years ago since it used up a decent amount of Amaro Nonino. Regardless, an Old Fashioned with a base of Amaro Nonino seemed intriguing that night, so I got to mixing. In the glass, the Exit Strategy offered up orange, caramel, and herbal aromas. Next, caramel and citrus notes on the sip flowed into caramel, lavender, brandy, and bitter herbal flavors on the swallow.

No comments: