Tuesday, September 17, 2024

pete's word

3/4 oz Laphroaig 10 Year Scotch
3/4 oz Green Chartreuse
3/4 oz Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur
3/4 oz Lime Juice

Shake with ice and strain into a coupe.
While writing up the Laphroaig Project, I commented that "it has the same feel of Death & Co.'s Pete's Word on paper (I need to make this soon) with the lemon juice aspect of the Final Ward", and I decided to finally make the Pete's Word. Therefore, I reached for my copy of Death & Co.: Modern Classic Cocktails to make this Scotch version of the Last Word. It mentioned how Phil Ward was surprised at how well lime worked with the whisky when he invented it at Death & Co. in Manhattan circa 2008. In the glass, the Pete's Word filled the nose with herbaceous, peat smoke, and nutty cherry aromas. Next, a lime and cherry sip opened up into smoky Scotch, herbaceous, and nutty cherry flavors. Overall, the Scotch worked great in the Last Word format, but I found the Laphroaig Project to be the one that I crave more two weeks after the fact.

No comments: