Monday, September 16, 2024

mosquito

3/4 oz Mezcal (Banhez)
3/4 oz Campari
3/4 oz Lemon Juice
3/4 oz Ginger Syrup

Shake with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with candied ginger.
Two Mondays ago, I spotted a reference to the Sand Fly which is a Scotch riff on Sam Ross' mezcal-containing Mosquito. Therefore, I went to the Bartender's Choice app and got the recipe for the original that Sam created at Attaboy in Manhattan circa 2017. The trio of Campari, ginger, and lemon was one that I had tried before in the Pimm's-based River Queen and in my Ferrari-based Body Shop, so I was sold. Once prepared, the Mosquito buzzed to the nose with orange, vegetal, smoke, and ginger aromas. Next, lemon and orange notes on the sip landed upon smoky vegetal, tangerine, and ginger flavors on the swallow.

No comments: