Saturday, July 25, 2015

modern lover

1 1/2 oz Dolin Blanc Vermouth
3/4 oz Lemon Juice
1/2 oz Grenadine
6 Mint Leaves

Swizzle or stir with ice to mix and chill in a pilsner glass. Top with 1 oz soda water, garnish with a mint sprig, and add straws.
After the talks on Wednesday, I decided to get dinner at Cane and Table which is one of the establishments along with Bellocq opened by the people who run the Cure since I was last in town. Given the hot weather, I was in the mood for something more refreshing so I opted for the Modern Lover; being a Jonathan Richman fan did not hurt in the decision making process either. Once prepared by bartender Natasha Tattaglia, this low ABV libation greeted me with a great mint aroma. Pomegranate, white wine, and lemon on the sip soon gave way to herbal and mint flavors on the swallow.

No comments: