Wednesday, October 21, 2015

paraiso

1 oz Bacardi Gold (3/4 oz Caliche, 1/4 oz Vale d'Paul Agricole)
1/2 oz Cynar
1/2 oz Grenadine
1 oz Lime Juice
2 dash Angostura Bitters

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail glass.
After returning home from the Boston Bacardi Legacy competition and the stop at State Park, I decided to make one of the two winning recipes from the event. Fairsted Kitchen's Will Isaza's drink Paraiso called out to me because I had all of the ingredients at home and because it reminded me of the restaurant's Giuseppe's Lady that I greatly enjoyed. Once prepared, this version of "Paradise" began with grassy, herbal, and fruity aromas. Next, lime, pomegranate, and caramel on the sip led into funky rum paired with funky herbal on the swallow and lime on the finish.

No comments: