Friday, October 2, 2015

genie in a bottle

1 oz El Bujo Mezcal
1 oz El Dorado 3 Year Rum
2 oz Pineapple Juice
1/2 oz Drambuie
1/2 oz Housemade Blue Curaçao
1/2 oz Lemon Juice
1/2 oz Simple Syrup

Shake with cracked ice and pour into a flower vase. Add a straw.

Two Wednesdays ago, I ventured over to Backbar and found a seat in front of bartender Luc Thiers. Earlier in the week, I had spotted a drink of his on the OnTheBar app and I made a comment that it looked interesting. Luc remembered this and asked if I wanted the Genie in a Bottle -- a drink he was inspired to create while thinking about the classic Blue Hawaiian. It caught my attention for mezcal (as well as tequila) pairs rather well with Drambuie such as in Eastern Standard's Proclaimer, and pineapple works rather well with all of the above in the Gory Guerrero. Plus, any chance to have another drink in a flower vase, such as was done in the Sherry Colada, is worth it.
The Genie in the Bottle greeted me with a blue vision and a pineapple and smoke aroma. On the sip, honey, tropical, and orange flavors mingled and led into an agave and pineapple swallow with a smoky finish.

1 comment:

Dagreb said...

Great... Now I've got Christina Aguilera in my head.