Sunday, October 11, 2015

stag special punch

1 quart Bourbon (1 1/2 oz Four Roses)
1 quart Strong Green Tea (1 1/2 oz)
1/2 pint Jamaican Rum (1/2 oz Wray & Nephew)
1/2 pint Maraschino Liqueur (1/2 oz Maraska)
1/2 pint Pineapple Juice (1/2 oz)
Juice 6 Lemons (1/2 oz)

Mix in a punch bowl with a large block of ice (shake with ice and strain). Garnish with fresh mint and serve in punch cups.
Two Thursdays ago after my bar shift, I turned to Trader Vic's 1947 Bartender's Guide for a libation. There, I spotted a pleasing looking punch, but I did not have a large party to serve it to. Luckily, I was able to scale back the Stag Special Punch from 20 or so servings to one by reducing the whiskey and tea by 20- and the rest by 16-fold. in the cup, the punch offered a mint aroma over that of tropical notes from the pineapple, Maraschino, and funky Jamaican rum. Next, a lemon and grassy sip led into a pineapple and nutty Maraschino swallow with a tea tannin finish.

No comments: